Process Companion is a light-weight, flexible and web service orientated business process automation platform based on BPMN 2.0.
Server-side it executes business processes given in the syntax of BPMN 2.0 and provides a simple web services interface for any kind of interaction, such as:
- deploying business processes,
- starting new instances of business processes,
- human interaction within executing business processes,
- administering and monitoring the business process engine.
Basically Process Companion depends on a server-side installation with an operating system which is capable of
- executing PHP scipts, version 5.3 or higher,
- hosting a Web server with a PHP processor module,
- hosting the relational database management system MySQL®, version 5.5 (InnoDB) or higher.
Process Companion comes with a Web application to administer and monitor business processes, business process instances, users and groups.
Process Companions' Inbox App is a Web application for managing user task activities.
Currently a Process Companions' business process engineer is limited to use collaboration diagrams made up of
- BPMN 2.0 user task, send task and script task activities,
- BPMN 2.0 normal, uncontrolled, conditional and default flows
- BPMN 2.0 exclusive and parallel decision and merging gateway control types,
- BPMN 2.0 unconditional start, end and terminate end events,
- BPMN 2.0 interrupting intermediate timer events.
Furthermore the business process engine currently does not allow more than one single business process collaboration diagram per given BPMN 2.0 file.
Supported BPMN 2.0 Editors:
Process Companion does not come with its own BPMN editor. Instead you may use the BPMN editor and modelling software of your choice.
Process Companion has been tested with the following BPMN modelling software:
- Yaoqiang BPMN Editor: Published under the GNU General Public License version 3.0 (GPLv3)
- Process Modeler from itp commerce: Model BPMN 2.0 in Microsoft Visio
- Logizian from Visual Paradigm
- Enterprise Architect from Sparx Systems
- Signavio: An online BPMN 2.0 modelling solution
InnoDB® is the trademark or registered trademark of Innobase Oy in Finland and several other countries.
MySQL® is the trademark or registered trademark of Oracle in USA and in several other countries.